Not All Firms are Created Equal
Whether you want to buy a business, sell a business, or just want to know what your business is worth, it’s essential to obtain an objective, professionally-prepared business valuation in order to meet your goals.
At O’Keeffe & O’Malley, you’ll find that we’re not only experienced and credentialed in business valuations, we’re also involved in the market of selling businesses and know what they’re selling for in your industry. Here, you’re not only getting a business appraiser, you’re also getting one well versed in the art of selling, making you better informed.
Our comprehensive approach to valuing businesses and business interests includes performing an in-depth analysis of your business and applying recognized valuation techniques and other relevant market data in order to prepare an accurate and defensible business valuation report. Our market experience, combined with our deep understanding of valuation theory and recognized valuation methods, will give you an accurate and supportable appraisal.
Centrally-located in Kansas City, O’Keeffe & O’Malley provides a full range of business valuation services, including:
Merger and acquisition and transaction-related business valuation needs:
- Purchase or sale of closely-held business or business interests
- Allocation of the purchase price among the assets acquired
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Management buyouts
- Leveraged buyout transactions
- Bank financing
- Valuation for spin-offs
Estate/gift tax business valuation needs:
- Estate tax returns
- Gifting of closely held stock and partnership/LLC interests
- Family limited partnership and limited liability company valuation
- Creation of non-voting stock in S-corporations for gifting purposes
- Stock options held by estates
- Blockage issues related to publicly traded shares held by estates or for gift or estate planning
- Preferred stock recapitalizations
- Restricted public stock held by estates
Tax related business valuation needs:
- Charitable contributions of closely-held stock
- Compensation in the form of stock or options
- Conversion of C-corporation to subchapter-S corporation status
Disputes and litigation-related business valuation needs:
- Court appointed valuations in disputes
- Minority shareholder disputes
- Economic damage determinations
- Review of business valuation reports prepared by opposing expert
Other business valuation needs:
- Valuation of stock options
- Valuation for phantom stock plans
- Valuation of complex capital structures of debt, equity and preferred stock
- Shareholder value enhancement planning
- Buy-sell and shareholder agreements
- Business valuation for life insurance planning and funding
When it comes to business valuation services, not all firms are alike. At O’Keeffe & O’Malley, we have the experience, certifications and the understanding of the current market for selling a business to provide an accurate determination of the value of your Kansas or Missouri business. We provide so much more, including the level of service you require – and deserve, ranging from informal calculations to a comprehensive appraisal report.
If you would like to learn what the value of your company is for tax purposes, litigations purposes, transaction purposes or other planning purposes, let us know. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.