Compass Acquires Produquimica - O'Keeffe and O'Malley

Compass Acquires Produquimica

Aug 12, 2016

Overland Park-based Compass Minerals today announced an agreement to purchase all outstanding interest in Produquímica Indústria e Comércio S.A. (Produquímica), one of Brazil’s leading manufacturers and distributors of specialty plant nutrients.

Compass Minerals purchased 35 percent of Produquímica in December 2015. The expected price for the remaining 65 percent of equity is approximately $310 million to $330 million, is based on Produquímica’s expected 2016 performance, and will be subject to customary, post-closing adjustments. In addition, Compass Minerals will assume approximately $150 million in U.S. dollar equivalent long-term debt, most of which will be retired during the fourth quarter. The acquisition includes approximately $150 million of net working capital.

Compass Minerals expects the transaction to add $0.12 to $0.15 to full-year 2016 diluted earnings per share.

Based in São Paulo, Brazil, Produquímica generated approximately R$1.2 billion in net revenue and R$198 million in EBITDA* as of the 12 months ending June 30, 2016. Produquímica operates two primary businesses – agricultural productivity and chemical solutions. The agricultural productivity division manufactures and distributes a broad offering of specialty plant nutrition solution-based products

Compass Minerals expects to close the transaction in early October 2016 subject to regulatory approval and to fund the acquisition with new debt.

Compass Minerals is a leading provider of essential minerals that solve nature’s challenges, including salt for winter roadway safety and other consumer, industrial and agricultural uses, and specialty plant nutrition minerals that improve the quality and yield of crops.